Worklist Item Not Found

• 9 November 2007
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

I have created a workflow that uses InfoPath 2007 & MOSS. The process is that an initial form should open up and once submitted a manager needs to approve it.

The first form opens up fine and is correctly submitted. The approval form also opens up fiine, but when 'Approve' is selelect and submit pressed, I get the 'Worklist Item Not Found' error.

I see that many people have had this error and that it is rather generic, but after 2 days of trying to figure out what could be wrong, I am beginning to think that I alone (with my lack of K2 & web knowledge) am not going to arrive at a solution.

Would anyone be able to tell me where to look or how to resolve this error?

I have checked in the 'Worklists' in the workspace and everything in there is 'Available' or 'Open', although I don't really know what I'm actually looking at in there and what each entry is, as there is not an entry for each time the workflow is fired.
Within the 'Instances' there is what I would expect to see and they are all 'Active'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin.

1 reply

Badge +4

I'm assuming you are using Forms Services since you listed Infopath 2007 and MOSS.  I'm also assuming that you selected a drop down list on your form to bind to when going through the infopath client event wizard.

With that in mind, make sure you're logged into MOSS as the Destination user, who needs to complete the task. 

When you setup your Infopath Client Event, whichever user you set as the Destination is who you should log-in as. 

As far as Available and Open...If a task is Available, it has not been claimed by a user yet.  If only one user needs to complete the task, this means that it has not been opened yet.  Open means that a user has claimed the event (opened it) and has not taken action. 

Let me know if this helps.