List View Form - Editing a row with People Picker gives error HRESULT: 0x80131904

• 4 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

I have a list view form with SP field of type "Person or group". I defined picker using smartobject "SharePoint Integration People Picker". It works fine when I add a new row. When I try to edit an existing row following error is displayed.

Thread 1: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904

I saw article http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Appit/Sharepoint-Picker-Control-Thread-1-Exception-from-HRESULT/ta-p/94454.

I am not able to implement resolution in Smart form. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

I sawI I

4 replies

Badge +8

Is editing enabled in the list view?

I hope this helps

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +10

Thank you.

Yes, editing is enabled. And all the default edit rules are there.

I see error as soon as I hit "Edit" button on toolbar. My list has a column (type: People/Group). When this column is in view, I get error. If I remove it, everything works fine.

1. I add two new rows... no issues. they get saved just fine. Action Owner column is defined as "People/Group" in SharePoint.

2. Then I hit Edit button to change something on any saved row. I get following error.

Badge +8

Is that people picker pulling from Active Directory? I think there is a smartobject available just for Active Directory. You can try using that as the data source for the people picker. This might correct the issue. It looks like what is currently happening is the user is being stored as a text in SharePoint and when you click on edit button the picker cannot lookup the name. I do not know what is causing the bug but maybe using a picker control instead of the integrated control and choosing active directory as the data source will correct your issue.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +10

People picker is using "SharePoint Integration People Picker Source". I tried using "AD user" but it didn't let me select it. It gave me error "The selected SmartObject requires a list method, select another." In Service Tester, it looks this smartobject doesn't allow search type methods.

Thank you!