Skip to main content

Hi

i have a solution were and infopath form is integrated with a k2 workflow. on my development box things work 100%. when i try to deploy to the live environement i get an error which reads "there was an error generating the XML". this error is displayed in the form of red exclamation mark that is displayed when i enter the sharepoint site url.

obviously the deployment paths have been changed for the live environment. the reason that i am running the integration wizard again is because i changed the locations of the smart ojbect that the infopath form uses.

if i just click next on that step of the wizard, the wizard does continue to the next step - however when i try and "finish" the wizard it tells me that the "host name is not known"

i would really apprecate help on this!

kind regards

Any screen shots? Can you start the process instance?

Has this issue been resolved? If yes, could you please provide the steps to rectify the problem.

If not resolved, then could you please provide the following information:

• K2 version
  • Please explain step-for-step what you have done to prepare the solution for the new environment. 

NB! I would suggest that before you make changes to your solution that you make a copy of the DEV solution, rename the new folder to LIVE and open the solution in the LIVE folder. 

Some suggestions for now is to make use of environment fields to specify the sharepoint URL which is the recommended approach when deploying between different environments, however this will not address the issues relating to the SmartObjects mapped in the InfoPath form. Have you tried to remove all the SmartObject methods and re-insert them pointing to the new SmartObject server (i.e. Production environment library).

Hi there

this has not been resolved as yet...unfortunatly...

i am running k2 black pearl.

for the new environment i have indeed made a copy of the solution as you suggested. i have not used the dynamic fields at all, i have put the exact paths in as copied from the browser, they are correct.

this is the error that i get when i click the browse button to select the form library.
xml1.png

if i enter the form library manually i can continue the process, however when i click finish i get the following error

xml2.png

the process and the infopath form work 100% on the dev environment. the infopath form itself works 100% on the live environment pointing to the live environmetns smart object libraries. however this is what i get when i try and integrate the updated infopath(live smartobjects) to the process.