cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
USMCdave
Nintex Newbie

Loop through patterned client id variables

I have a very long form, which uses checkboxes to trigger follow up fields with rules to become shown.  I have a duplicate of each checkbox at the end of the form, and a custom JavaScript that ensures the mirrored checkboxes always match.

The checkboxes follow a pattern with their client id variables: a1, a2, a3, b1, be, etc...  The mirror for each is assigned a client id variable of a1Match, a2Match, etc...  

My script is really long and redundant.  I know there has to be a way to loop it, but when I try to use (this) or something similar, it gets the SharePoint HTML Element id, instead of the assigned is client variable.

Any tips for looping patterned client id variables would be appreciated.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Loop through patterned client id variables

Perhpas it's useful you upload the form and script

0 Kudos
USMCdave
Nintex Newbie

Re: Loop through patterned client id variables

Sorry, but I can't for security reasons.

Either way, if anyone knows how to loop through patterned JavaScript client variables, I'd appreciate it.  I thought about using specific classes, but I wouldn't be able to target "b1Match" when "b1" is clicked, and vice versa.  Only all checkboxes of a class...

I just wish there was a way to force identically-named controls to mirror each other.  The same way that PDF forms do.

0 Kudos