K2 studio - Object reference not set to an instance of object on Item Reference

• 12 September 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am creating workflow in K2 studio.On start,I am doing smart form integration then on Item Reference screen When I am trying to select item view for smart object then it is showing error message "Object reference not set to an instance of object".

Please see attached file for error.

13361iED3D37538D541FEB.jpg

3 replies

Badge +10

Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you have selected in the wizard prior to the error message?  I'll need to know the prior steps to be able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +7

Hi Kamlesh 

The Item Reference feature automatically binds the SmartObject data used in a Form to the workflow making it easier and quicker to design a workflow. This eliminates the need to manually configure certain rules such as the rule to return data on a Form at approval and the need to define each Data Field. The Item Reference replaces the Identity Field/Data Field configuration as it has expanded upon the previous functionality.

• If the SmartObject is bound to a List View or an Editable List View, the Item Reference will automatically bind to the default List method of that SmartObject.
  • If the SmartObject is bound to an Item View, the Item Reference will automatically bind to the first Load method found in that SmartObject.
  • If there is more than one View on the Form, the specific SmartObject to be used as the Item Reference must be manually selected from the Context Browser

Please ensure that your bindings are correct.

Kind regards

Nelly

Badge +1

I had the same problem, seems that the problem is the association between the view and the smartobject.

I had to change the smartobject for the view that caused the error, by another smartobject and accept the dialog box that indicates that the binding will change, then put the original smartobject again, I accepted the dialog and I saved the view.

This worked for me.