Enable Instruction field in workflow form

Badge +6

Hi,

I have created a workflow on SP list and using smartforms to create new item/display item form. Now on approval form used in workflow; I want to either enable instruction field that is disabled by default or remove.

16348i16E4A6A41703B807.jpg

Appreciate any response/suggestion.

Thank you

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi RamKumar,

This is auto generated view and I'm not aware of any way to edit it. I would suggest to create similer view and use it instead

Badge +6

Hi Mustafa,

Yes, I know this is OOB view and use to take workflow action.

Further adding to this--> Do you know how to add Additional Workflow Data Fields to a workflow Start process in K2 Studio.

Thank You

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Check the following links please:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.5/webframe.html#Reference-ProcessActivityDataBrowser_DataFields.html

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.5/webframe.html#reference-processactivitydatabrowser_adddatafield.html

Badge +6

Excellent.

Actually I am trying to achieve to get comments in workflow task form and following below article-

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2appit/userguide/current/default.htm#HowTo_UseWFAttachmentAndWFCommentSmartObjects.htm%3FTocPath%3DHow%2520To%7C_____4

But this is for Appit and designed from SP 2013 K2 for SharePoint web based workflow design tool. I have to achieve the same steps using K2 Studio (because my workflow is created using K2 Studio.) 

I am facing difficulty to implement Configure the Workflow steps.. So could you plz tell me How to Add a Set Data Fields step to the workflow in K2 Studio; since I searched all the events available in K2 Studio but couldn't find this.

14069iEFF99C45F4BC8F12.jpg

Regards,

Ram

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

it's not in the events btw, check the following 

1 -

13378iC6564DEF53640952.png

12069iAA358E88FF4F5745.png
Badge +6

Thank you for your response, however the way you explained is to add Data Field, that I have done but if I want to map this data field to my Workflow Context ID, then what action/step we need to follow-

12575i47CA2CCE4821D62D.jpg

Thank you again..

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

sorry for confusion, I guess you want to use DATA EVENT 

Badge +6

I have already checked the data event inside Events Wizard. In Data Event wizard, when I configure data field with workflow process ID from Workflow Context, Workflow Context is not available in Context Browser, please see below image-

16456iAB48C8D7DCF0DDBE.jpg

Any suggestions plz?

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Do you mean this?

17002i6DB63D9C9E146968.png

Badge +6

Not sure, need to check..but one obvious thing huge difference in K2 for SharePoint 2010 to K2 for SharePoint 2013. Or shall I say huge difference in workflow design using K2 Studio and K2 app for SP web based for SharePoint 2013.

Update you soon. Thanks for your timely and quick response.

Thank you,

Ram

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

the huge difference is in k2 studio and k2 designer for sharepoint(it's similar to workflow designer on smartforms)

one extra tip here, the instruction field is read only because this field to give the end users instruction and you set this field from the workflow designer