Configuration Delays when Editing Workflow

• 15 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

When editing a Nintex workflow I'll double-click on an action (or select "Configure" from the menu...it doesn't seem to matter). The dialog will pop up, and then I'll have to wait for the dialog to populate 10-20 seconds. Sometimes the dialog doesn't populate at all and I have to close and re-open, sometimes two or three times. There's always a noticeable delay, but it's not always this long or problematic, but when it is, it makes for a very long and frustrating day. 

I'm guessing this is mostly due to our wickedly slow SharePoint server getting busy and taking a long time to respond to queries from the dialog, and that there's nothing to be done about it, but I thought I'd check anyway.

Is this an indication of problems? Is there something that can be done about it?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +8

HI,

Is your SharePoint slow as well? Are you behind a load balancer? Can you check if the performance is the same on each WFE if it is directed to the same server?

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +7

They don't let me go into the cockpit so I don't know about the WFE's. I do know we have a load balancer, and our SharePoint is very slow compared to non-SharePoint sites (10 second page load isn't uncommon). 

Badge +8

Hi Jeff,

We may need more details to troubleshoot, I assume if your SharePoint environment is so slow then obviously Nintex cant be fast as it sits on top of the SP environment. The first thing would be to look for bottlenecks in your SP environment and I trust Nintex performance will also automatically improve piggy backing on SP performance.

Regards,

Shrini