Unable to access the SP2013 URL in Visual Studio 2013

• 28 April 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I've installed K2 BP4.6.7 client components and K2 components for SharePoint 2013 Ver 1.0 in my Windows 7 machine. I have a environment variable that has SharePoint URL point to SP2013 (SP1) site.  When I try to select the SP 2013 URL from the Object Browser or Context Browser in Visual Studio 2013(Premium), I get a error message stating : "Access denied to the SharePoint Site, ensure that the minimum permissions are assigned to the user". I’m SP2013 Farm admin, Site Collection Admin(to the site I'm trying to access) and also member of Site Owner group of the Sp2013 site in question. The K2 Service account also has Site Collection Admin previlage to the site. I have double checked the permissions requirements : http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlGettingStarted4.6.4/Permissions.html. 

In the known issues list detailed in http://help.k2.com/kb001609, "

1. "A SharePoint environment field referencing a SharePoint 2013 URL produces an error when used from the context browser in the K2 thick client designer."

I'm not sure if the error I'm getting is related to this KB and if so I'm not sure about the workaround. I also ignored the error message and tried using the SP2013 field in a activity but I can't save the activity as I get a '404' error.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi Ram,

Please see the attached PDF which is the new Getting started with K2 for SharePoint. This discusses there various steps, permissions and requirements need for K2 and SharePoint.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +1

Thanks! I've checked this document already.

K2 Support was able to recreate this problem at their end. However I got a response from product management that:

1) I need to create a SP2010 mode site in SP2013.

2) Re-run the K2 installer on the SharePoint 2013 server for it install the K2 Component for SharePoint. Because, there is nothing installed in SharePoint server except for K2 app for SharePoint if the sites are in native SP2013 site. 

3) Switch back to SP2013 mode.

I'll try this option and see if it works.

Badge +6

Hi Ram,

Glad to hear support and product management was able to assist you. Please let me know if the solution they gave you works and if you need anymore assitance let me know.

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +2

Bump. I would like to hear the follow up solution on this topic.

Badge +1

Would be interested in hearing how this got resolved.