Problems after setting up SmartActions

• 23 September 2015
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Symptoms

Problems after setting up SmartActions

Diagnoses

I would like to get in touch to ask you for help regrading setting up SmartActions properly.

I have turned it on and created a dedicated mailbox for the K2 service account on my development VM and managed to get it to work.

This is great functionality however I have noticed that it breaks all notification (mail) events in my existing workflows that used to send emails the usual SMTP route.

The only way to get them working again is to rewrite the Execute_Send C_ function so it mimics the one created when creating a brand new Mail Event in the VS designer (after SmartActions have been activated).

Also I have noticed that the system seems to send 2 emails every time for client events and notifications.

What am I doing wrong here?

I don't want to have to edit all of my workflows on the live environment.

Resolution

We have edited the string table > mail server value, as it was wrong SMPT server, this managed to get the emails working as expected.
then we noticed that the Blackpearl server is replying with empty email when we do an action via email, checked the Hostserver.exe.config file and found that smartactions is using two connections, we commented out the EWS as it's not configured in their environment, this managed to get it working as expected.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!