cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

List Lookup value in Repeating section +Updating the values of repeating section in other list

Jump to solution

Hi All,

• I have a listlookup control in the repeating control of my form
  • I have added a multiple line of text column and connected it to repeating control
  • In multiple line of text column I am seeing the lookup number rather than the actual value
  • I want to update the value in another list based on the value of Listlookup control but its updating ID instead of value
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: List Lookup value in Repeating section +Updating the values of repeating section in other list

Jump to solution

In multiple line of text column I am seeing the lookup number rather than the actual value

tha't ok, lookup ID is (unique) identifier, not a value.

[this might have changed from version 2.9]

I want to update the value in another list based on the value of Listlookup control but its updating ID instead of value

I assume you are doing update with workflow.

if you have in list A a lookup column to list X, than typically list B contain a lookup column to the same list X. in such a case updating column in list B to lookup ID is fully correct.

if you really need to set lookup value in list B then you have to make 'lookup' to list X by the given ID - it's eg possible directly in update item action

achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Re: List Lookup value in Repeating section +Updating the values of repeating section in other list

Jump to solution

I just did that but I guess there was some error due to which the value was blank,Other way may be to use the lookup function in the nintex form of list B

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

what kind of error? can you post some details?

you can you lookup function to retrieve and present values from another list in a form. but the function will not update that another list, what was your original requirement.

achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

When I tried to use the action in workflow to fetch the value from ListX by passing the ID and store that value in ListB it was always fetching blank.Finally I used the lookup() in the ListB to get the value

0 Kudos