Is there a way to track and log notifications and reminders sent?

• 21 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

One of the challenges I have as a SharePoint solution architect is tracking notifications and reminders that go out of Nintex to various users. In some cases users may say, I never saw that email, I was not reminded, ect, ect. One of our helpful tools we have for this is to create Bamboo web parts with a list of tasks for each person. This works somewhat, but it would really be nice to be able to see if a notification or reminder went out. Also, might be good to see these "logs" for debugging purposes also. 

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

The only answer is a short answer: No

This applies to all SharePoint notifications, like alerts. The mentioned bamboo web part also does not guarentee that notifications are sent. It only shows tasks.

The best way to know if e-mails are indeed sent, is by looking at the source (the mail server).

As an alternative, you could create a special e-mail address and put that in de CC/BCC. If that e-mail address has the e-mail, then there is a good change the other people have it too. I say good change because people could also be external on which you have no influence at all.

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply Rick. I was not sure if Nintex 2013 had addressed that issue. Great idea on the CCing though.

Badge +8

Please mark my response as a correct answer if it helped you so it can help other too. Thanks.