SharePoint Document Upload - loses Content Type

• 16 December 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello everyone,

I have a K2 blackpearl / InfoPath process ending with a "SharePoint Documents" -> "Upload Documents" event. It is supposed to 'archive' the finalized InfoPath form, by copying it in a SharePoint Document Library. The document source is a process instance xml field.

Upload works fine, but we have a problem. The uploaded InfoPath forms in the 'archive' library do not have Content Type. Hence, when I click on it, it opens as raw xml. If I save the xml to my desktop and double click it, it opens as InfoPath.

I figured that the problem is the 'Content Type' field in the wizard:

problem134.jpg

Initially, this field was empty. If I click on its 'Browse' button, the only type I see is "Document". In the help file, there is a screenshot with many other types, plus the buttons are enabled. In my case they are disabled and only one document type is available. I tried manually inputting the name of the content type which I believe is the correct one (same as name of the process), but it appears to be invalid. "Document" content type does not work either, because the archived forms still open as XML.

So, the question is - how do I copy an InfoPath form to another SharePoint Document Library, by preserving its content type?

Thanks,

Hristo

3 replies

Badge +3
What if you try using a Forms library instead of a Document library to upload your XML to? It should have a content type of Form, which should then open the XML appropriately as an InfoPath form.
Badge +1
From my experience don't worry about content type. At the end of the file name data field, type ".xml" (without quotes).  This will give all your uploaded files a .xml extension and they will open in Infopath.
Badge +3
Thanks for both posts. I used the second method - the '.xml' extension and it worked.