Listing files stored in SmartBox in InfoPath form

• 18 February 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I am able to successfully store files in a smartBox table via SmartObject integration with InfoPath.

However, when I run the GetList method on that table, I am not able to render the FileName or Content in the InfoPath form.

The records load, but the FileName and Content fields are blank.  When I pull up the data in SQL Server (SmartBox table I am using for this), I can see that the file is stored there, in an XML structure <name>myFileName.jpg</name><content> a bunch of Hex here </content>. 

Also, the GetList method works.  If I drag the datafields from that datasource onto the InfoPath form and create a repeating table, all the other fields of each record show up.. It's only the file field that fails to render in InfoPath.

AN

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi Aasianov,

try retrieving the SmartObject field containing the attachment as an InfoPath 'attachment' control. If this works, then you can use some code to retrieve the unicode attachment and display it in another control type, such as image or document.... I believe this is possible.

See: http://blog.mgallen.com/?p=94

for code to get the filename out of a unicode attachment.

Martin