SPSqlLatencyMonitor.PingServers: exception encountered: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database \Nintex_Test\" requested by the login."

• 18 November 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We are using db version 3.0.2.0

I recently removed a Nintex Content Database from our farm as it was for a site we were no longer using. I removed the site through central administration, waited about 5 minutes to let any timer jobs run then dismounted the SP ContentDB, removed it from SQL and updated entries in the [Storage], [ContentDbMapping], and [Databases] tables where needed.

Now I am getting this entry every few seconds:

SPSqlLatencyMonitor.PingServers: exception encountered: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "Nintex_Test" requested by the login.

Have I missed a table entry somewhere? This is the first time I've had this issue come up and, while this doesn't make me an expert, I've removed many instances in this way from our QA and Production environments.

How can I get this to stop? It appears that something in SharePoint thinks that DB is still in use. But there are no sites in CA and no DBS, mounted or dismounted, that point to this Nintex_Test database.

Troubleshooting ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you solved it?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It sounds like you removed it correctly. Could you post the full ULS error using the correlation ID...if it is still happening. It could be that enough time hadn't passed to complete the process, which can be quickened by running iisreset /noforce on your server.