How do you change the worklist row count per page?

• 19 November 2015
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

This might be a silly question, but how do you adjust the worklist row count per page?  I'm talking about the worklist in Workspace, NOT the SharePoint webpart.  By default it appears to be 18 rows per page, but I can't find this setting configured anywhere.  Is 18 a hard-coded value?  

We're running Blackpearl 4.6.7 if that matters.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello Chris,

You are talking about the user workspace in worklist. There is an option to choose how many worklist items are shown per page in the management console.

From K2 Workspace we go Management -> Management Console -> Workspace -> Settings

Attached is a screenshot for reference.

13935i6278D49DAE43CBD2.png

-Evan

Badge +4

Hi EvanM,

Thank you :) , but unfortunately that doesn't seem to make any difference with the Worklist.  This setting seems to change the items per page for all the lists within the Management Console, but not those outside of it, such as the worklist itself.  I tried changing this setting to 50 and to 5 and Management Console lists, such as Error Profile and Process Instance lists, were changed but the Worklist stayed at 18.

Here's a picture.

~Chris

17047i773D686C1B5DF2E1.png
Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Chris,

Just talked to a few of my colleagues and they have informed me that yes, there is a specific limit on the amount of items in the workspace. Not sure exactly why it decided on 18 for you, seems like a very arbitrary number. More to the point though, there is the option to try and change this by getting into the code for workspace (which could get complicated) and I would recommend you contact K2 before doing so.

Thanks,

Evan

Badge +4

Thanks EvanM.  I agree, it's pretty arbitrary which is why I'm thinking this isn't hard-coded.

When you say it's in the code, is it in one of the files in [Install Directory]:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlWorkSpaceSiteTaskListControl?  

I'm already modifying the code, which is why I'm asking.  I've made some minor changes to TaskListGeneral.js, for example, to allow for the worklist to auto-refresh at a specific interval (recommended or not, it's a user requirement...).  I need to know if 18 items per page is hard-coded or, if it's not, where that variable is stored so I can pull it dynamically.  

Thanks

~Chris

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Chris,

I am unsure as to where exactly the code to control that would be located. This is out of my realm of knowledge at the moment. I am currently reaching out to those that may know where it could be located so you can reference or manipulate it to solve your problem. I will let you know if I find out any more information about changing the amount of items per page as soon as I know. Curious myself mainly as to why workspace has an option to change the items per page but, it does not apply to the actual worklist.

-Evan

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Chris,

I have done some asking around and also some research of my own. It does not appear to be possible to change the items per page through the UI or any of the config files for workspace. Again my knowledge is very limited and I would say the best option would be to log a support ticket with K2 Support. They will have a greater chance of solving your issue. 

Thanks,

Evan

Badge +4

Thanks for your help, EvanM!  Glad to see that I wasn't missing some simple config setting somewhere, which is what I was worried about.  I'll ask K2, see what they say :)

EDIT 11/30/2015: Update for anyone reading this later in the hopes of finding an answer: Sorry, I never asked K2.  Shortly after I submitted this our client removed this requirement, so it no longer became an issue.