Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

Last Task Respondent and Escalation

Jump to solution

Hi All

I have a flexi task which has reminders and escalation.

The escalation is configured on some actions to approve after some elapsed time.  On other actions it is set to reject.

I need to know if the task has been approved by the assignee, or auto-approved by the escalation.

How do I do this?

I tried to compare Last Task Respondent with the assigned approver to see if they are the same (i.e. approved by person) or different (i.e. approved by the system through escalation).  This didn't work.  I logged to history list Last Task Respondent and it was still me, even though the workflow escalated the task outcome.

So my question is this, how do I tell if the task has been approved by the assigned person, or if it has an outcome based on the escalation settings?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
paul_crawford
Nintex Newbie

Re: Last Task Respondent and Escalation

Jump to solution

Hey

Had the same requirement in an approval process and I set the Escalation comments of the flexi task to be "Task auto approved by Workflow Escalation due to overdue approval"

Then I could query the approver comments and then I knew who had approved.

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Good shout poppet!  I did add escalation comments on each of them so I could do that.  But there must be something out of the box?  I notice that the Last Task Respondent is the initiator which in my case is a service account, so I can check for that also, but I would have thought there would be an easier way to identify this!

paul_crawford
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You would have thought so wouldn't you!!!

Handy having the initiator as a service account.

Only other thing I can think of is an another Outcome, which is what the auto approval sets the outcome as?? You would need to hide this option on the form though so would be trickier.

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I take it back - it doesn't put the initiator in the Last Task Respondent - it just picked one of the multiple people it was assigned to!  Arrggghhhhhhhhhhh.

greenawayr
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

What happens to the task Modified By field if it's auto-completed? Is it changed by system account or workflow initiator?

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

will look at that.  but then that means querying the workflow task list right?

rhia
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Cassy Freeman wrote:

Good shout poppet!  

That is the most English thing I have ever read on this site.

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

oh you have to be very special to me to be called poppet, Poppet  

greenawayr
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Shirley not. That's utter tosh.

Sent from mobile