Migrated workflows lost their association

• 18 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

We have recently migrated our site to SharedPoint 2016 from 2007 along with our portfolio of Nintex workflows.  Because of some problems with one of our list objects, our administrator re-migrated a list.  The 5 workflows that had been associated with that list, are no longer listed as belonging to it.  I attempted to export and import the missing workflows, but received an error that the names were already in use on the site, despite not being listed in the Nintex Workflow Inventory.  I was able to locate them using the path.. http://<site>/NintexWorkflows/Forms/AllItems.aspxIs there a way to re-associate these workflows with the existing list?  I attempted to rename the old ones and re-import, but the receive an error on "Save" within the workflow designer; 

Error on Save

2 replies

Badge +3

Additional information.  I was able to locate the missing workflows at the following URL <mysite>/NintexWorkflow/NintexForSharePoint.aspx.   From there I am able to check-out the configuration and update the List GUID to to the correct one, which I obtained by extracting it from the list setting URL and cleaning up the encoding. I created a new workflow for this list to confirm that the configuration settings (which also provides the List GUID) I put in are consistent value for the AssociatedListID, NWAssociatedWebID and Category.  However, no progress in having the workflow associated with the new list show up in the inventory.

Is there some administrative registration process that is required here?  Of is this just not possible to recover and we need to either remigrate all these related objects again or recreate the workflows from scratch? 

Badge +3

Although I was not able to successfully re-associated these workflows with the target list, I was able to get around this issue.

After renaming the existing un-associated workflows, my attempts to re-import the workflows from SP2007 failed on "Save" with a SoapServer error indicating an unknown workflow type. I could find no references to this error which helped. I attempted to publish without saving, and it returned a better message – calling out the missing object

3 of the 4 workflows contained calls to the next workflow in a logical sequence.  Importing the workflows exports from 2007 in reverse logical sequence, I was able to both save and publish each in turn.

The specific soap error was:

soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> Workflow type " is not recognized in this environment.

Parameter name: type