Nintex Task start automatically

Badge +1

Hello,

hope I hit the right place, did search but can not find the right answer.

Hope for a easy solution.

Following workflow:

- Upload a file, Workflow starts automatically

- "request data" from initiator

- "set value" put data onto the file (e.g. via dropdown)

works fine.

But now the initiator becomes a E-mail where he finds the link to the task form.

I do want the workflow to direct him directly to the task, is that possible?

Hope for your support.

br

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you clarify what exactly do you mean with this?

But now the initiator becomes a E-mail where he finds the link to the task form.

I do want the workflow to direct him directly to the task, is that possible?

task has to be responded in a task form, not sure where else you'd like to direct the users...

Badge +1

Sorry for not being precise. I do want him to get the E-Mail but also I would like him to get directly to the task form. For example "user uploads file" browser opens the "task form" directly.

Is that understandable?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

that's not possible.

note that when you upload a document, the task doesn't exists yet so there is no task form to redirect to.

it's just a trigger to start workflow, workflow needs some time to compile, start up, and reach task action step. and that takes some time. 

but I miss a point of your requirement.

an user uploads a document and you want him immediately to review/approve it???

Badge +1

Thanks for the explanation, sounds reasonable.

"an user uploads a document and you want him immediately to review/approve it???"

I would like to request further data (Metadata) which the workflow than adds to the file. This way it will be better to sort and find certain types of files. (at least I belief so)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you do not need any task for that.

if you add at least one custom/metadata field to the library, sharepoint will automatically open a library form to request you to populate all the metadata.