SmartObjects Question

• 15 July 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi Everyone,

I am new to K2 Blackpearl and SmartForms and we are in the design/development of our first form/application.

Is it possible via SmartForms to use a check box list of items that feeds from aSQL source to then use a function or method with a button to change the status of the checked items to one setting?

Scenario: I have a list of different singular task items for a worker in a table view that I would like to be able to select multiple different items via a check box and then click on a button that will then change the "status" of all the checked items to "complete".  Look at the attached pic for an example of our application we use today that we are replacing.

The more and more I am looking into this the more I am finding out this needs to be an ASP.net application.

Please let me know, thank you.

15163i44D374BEB3465AB2.png

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi Frogo,

You can firstly register a new SQL Service Instance, which would allow you to generate a SmartObject from any table within this service instance. See here: http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlUserGuide4.6.5/SIC02.html.

Using the SmartObject as a datasource in your SmartForm, you would then be able to display content of the SmartObject within a form.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards.