What's a business use case for the Sleep function?

Badge +13
What do you guys use it for?

5 replies

Badge +4
The only example I have ever heard was
say you have a monthly activity (pay rent) that you don't want always sitting on your worklist - you can put it in sleep mode except for the last week of the month -- very dangerous thing - use with caution
(sleep is also very useful for rejuevenating one's energy for the next day ;)
Badge +9
Typically I would use it in the next scenario: I have a task assigned to me that requires some more detail from a Customer, I make the phone call to the customer and request the needed info, the customer reassured me that he would have the info ready by the next day and I should give him a call around 2 PM. At that point I will update my notes section on the Task with the latest info as well as my next action required, once updated I will calculate the Sleep duration and force the item to sleep until the next day only to be active at the time that I need to contact the client.

The good thing about this is that I only have items available on my worklist that requires my attention, however the item will be back just in time for the scheduled phone call with the customer.
Badge +13
However if you want to search for this item when it's in sleep state, would you be able to find it?
Badge +5
icon-quote.gifPeter Yao:
However if you want to search for this item when it's in sleep state, would you be able to find it?

Excellent question! What if the customer calls back ahead of time? What if the customer calls and gets another service person (same queue) while you're at lunch?
Badge +9
Ok, so the K2.net 2003 Worklist by default has 2 filters specified, 1. Status = Open & 2. Status = Available. What I suggest in this case is that you Add a new View in the View List of Worklist, once added select the View to insure that it is active and click on the Filter Options tab, this will allow you to specify various filters specific for the newly added View. Create a filter that will only display items when the Status of the Worklist Item = Sleep.