Radio Buttons for list items

• 27 November 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +10

Hi All,

I have the requirement to display a list of items and provide the users Yes/No/Not applicable radio buttons next to each line item.

I can design an editable list view for this, but that requires that you have to put each into edit mode and then select the correct radio button.

The list is in excess of 50 items and this is a UI nightmare to double click on each item, select the radio button and then to go to the next.

A more preferred way will be to simply have the radio buttons available to the user so that the user can simply click the radio button next to each without having to place each in line in edit mode.

How can this be done?

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

JohanL

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Johan

I think the best you can do in this circumstance is make the list row editable when a user clicks on the row (instead of double click). Other option is to not use a list view and create an option radio button control for each item - this will of course depend on how you need/want to store the data.

Badge +10

Hi,

I ended up making the row editable on a single click and then displaying a radio button list for the user to select.

This actually worked quite well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,

JohanL