Updating a SharePoint document from a InfoPath form within a K2 workflow

Badge +2

I have a fully working process that captures a file saved into an InfoPath form and automatically uploaded from the form into a SharePoint Library using a SmartObject.  The process also grabs the document URL from the SmartObject data and saves the URL as a field within the InfoPath form that lets Approvers review the document.

My problem now is that clicking on the link opens the document in MS Office in read only mode.  I looked for the Check-In Check-Out option in MS Excel (2007) but the object does not exist when the user opens the document from the hyperlink within the form.

But when the same user opens the document from directly within SharePoint it opens just fine and can be checked in and out.

Is this a BlackPoint or InfoPath issue?  Is there a security setting I need to add to the Library like upgrading a K2 UserID or similar to "Member" for that Library?

Thanks

Brett

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi Brett,

This appears to be a known Microsoft issue:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870853

-Eric

Badge +3

Hello Brett,

Did the changes to the registry help your issue? As I'm having exactly the same but with PDF's!

Kind Regards,
Dayna

Badge +2

Hi Dayna,

The MS KB certainly appears to match my problem by the patch had no effect.  Possibly it had no effect because I am working in a single VM with multiple userids and roles to emulate a working environment.

Regards

Brett