cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

I made a copy of my list to use as a test environment and when I create an entry, prod workflows are running on it. What did I do wrong?

I have a Production list (with lots of workflows running) and I saved it as a template and created a new List and called it Test, so I can test workflow functionality without messing up my Production data/list.  Both lists are on the same Sharepoint site.

The Test list has no workflows at all.  Workflow gallery is empty.

When I create a new list item in the Test list, list (not site) workflows from the PRODUCTION list begin running on the new item.

What the heck did I do here?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I made a copy of my list to use as a test environment and when I create an entry, prod workflows are running on it. What did I do wrong?

Hello,

When you make a list template of a list that contains workflows, the workflows get carried over but they are invisible to the Nintex designer. I like to refer to these as "ghost flows".   The good news is you didn't do anything wrong.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: I made a copy of my list to use as a test environment and when I create an entry, prod workflows are running on it. What did I do wrong?

See if this solution works for you as well:  

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply