Nintex Workflow Steps

• 20 August 2015
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Hi,

I am New To Nintex and trying to build a workflow with following scenario.

1) An Item is created and is assigned to a user through "Assigned To" Field.

2) Workflow should calculate Due date based on the Item Created Date. i.e Created Date + 5 days.

3) Workflow should send an email notification to the person in the "Assigned To" field specifying the link to the item they need to edit and the due Date.

3) Workflow should send email reminder 2 days before the due date if the "status" field is not "Completed" and every day until it is completed.

4) Once the status is "completed", the workflow should send an email to the initiator that the form is completed.

Please suggest some steps on how to achieve this using Nintex,

2 replies

Badge +8

Here is what I did so far: It is working but I would like to know if there is a better way of doing this

1) Calculate due Date (created + 5)  and Initial Reminder Date (Due Date -3)

111062_pastedImage_1.png

2) Query User Profile Service to get the display name of the user in the "Assigned To"  Field & Send Notification to the Assignee about the item to complete with Due Date.

111063_pastedImage_2.png

3) I then added a "Run Parallel Action" and Divided the workflow path into two branches.

111064_pastedImage_0.png

4) Branch (Left) Logic is as follows :

a) A "Run If" action is added with a condition that it should run only if the status field is not equal to "Complete"

b) Inside "Run If" Block, I added a "Pause Until Duration" Action with Pause Until date = Initial Reminder Date calculated in step 1 above.

c) After "Pause Until Date" action, I added a "Loop" workflow action with a condition that loop should proceed until status is not equal to "Complete"

111066_pastedImage_2.png

5) The Logic of the "Loop" Block is as follows.

a) send notification with initial reminder date and then add 1 minute to determine the next reminder Date. It will pause until the next reminder date and send the notification again if the status is not completed.

111069_pastedImage_7.png

Thanks for your help!!

Badge +16

Hi

Have you thought about a site workflow that looks through all items in your list for due date is <= today+3 and status is not equal to completed?  You can loop through each to send reminders and schedule that site workflow to run daily?