Collection variables not retrievable in actions - Nintex Workflow 2013 standard

Badge +1

I have the problem that we can create collection variables, but in none of the actions is the created collection variable available. I checked the version comparisons for Standard vs. Enterprise and could not find any indication that the collection functions are restricted in the Standard edition.

Can this be a missing or incorrect configuration at the installation, or a version bug?

Best regards

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you explain what exactly you'd like to do with collection?

there're not too many actions that work on whole collection.

collections are usually processed so that you set up a for each loop to iterate over the collection elements and within the loop process single collection elements.

Badge +1
The collection variable should be used in a query list action and iterated with For each query list action result. - Normaly no problem, but in this special case I cant use the  collection variable in query list Action.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so you mean collection is a variable where query list result set should be stored to?

that should normally be allowed...

could you post variable and query list action configuration?

Badge +1

This ist the configuration in my trial enterprise version (Nintex WF 2013)

2131i70D303A86E18C17D.png

2132iE153C9943AEBF93C.png

But in the live (Nintex WF 2013) Standard installation in can only create the collection variables, but never use.

I can not select them in the configuration of the actions because they are not displayed here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

your configuration is correct - it allowed you to congure collection var as a target variable where list of returned IDs is to be stored, as well as source collection in for each action.

what other exact place/field you'd like to use collection variable in???

But in the live (Nintex WF 2013) Standard installation in can only create the collection variables, but never use.

that might be a feature of that specific action...

even within on-prem workflows list of variables might be restricted just to those of supported datatype - eg within for each action for 'target collection' only collection variables are listed, or for index variable only numeric variables are listed