Nintex Migration create new workflow history list for running workflows

• 6 November 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have around 27 workflows created and pointing to a single workflow history list. The current count of workflow history list is 223332. The current count of task list is 1752

I get the below error when opening the task rarely for certain workflow and  task notification is not sent to the workflow recipient.

Error: Cannot find a corresponding human workflow task ID for this task

What are the steps to take to fix this issue ?

I am planning to create individual workflow history list for each workflow and re-publish it.

Will this affect the running workflows ?

Can the task participants complete the task who got the email earlier ?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The query could be failing for the item. Check that the recycle bin is empty of tasks as this can also effect query performance.

You can create new history lists from site settings options. You can then assign a workflow to use that history list from the workflow settings when designing the workflow. Currently running workflows will still use the previous selected list. You can setup up alternate workflow task lists also.

You can purge history data from the site settings, history list settings. As well as use NWAdmin scripts.

One thing to keep in mind, you can also create more nintex content databases to track data too. Check the db size that you have currently. If necessary, you can create another database for another site collection to distribute data size and manage it easier.

Badge +3

I dont have any task items in the recycle bin. I will try creating dedicated workflow history list for the large workflows I hold .

Error: Cannot find a corresponding human workflow task ID for this task

Is there any other option to overcome this error. It happens often at least 2 times per day out of 10 transactions.