Issues with formatting in basic email notifications

• 26 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I've been working on an issue with Nintex Workflow 2013 email notification actions as well as email notifications generated via request approval and to-do task actions.  The issues boil down to inconsistent formatting.  Parts of the email message will have random line breaks and/or different fonts.  The line breaks appear to happen most frequently when inserting references or links from the UI, but not every link results in a line break.  Any copy/pasting we have done has been from NotePad++ so no formatting should be coming over from that.

These issues aren't visible in the Nintex web UI but appear in the actual emails.  I've attached an example of the issue as shown in outlook, how the email looks like in the Workflow Designer as well as the HTML source of the email (I've redacted email addresses and phone numbers, but it is otherwise unchanged).

Has anyone encountered this before?  Any suggetions?

Thanks!

Lee

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Lee,

the mail designer can be frustrating. I also ended up copying everything to notepad before to make sure all formatting is stripped and restarted from there. Sometimes also editing the resulting html is needed.

This shouldn't be necessary but I don't know a technique that surely prevents this from happening.

What I see my customers doing is writing the whole mail first and afterwards inserting references which seems to help a bit but even then it's not always working.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +3

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for the response.  We have been trying to write the emails and insert links after but still encounter the issue.  I've opened a support ticket with Nintex to see what they have to say.  I'll up this thread if they provide a solution.