Add User by Display Name instead of Username?

• 19 June 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Is it possible to change the way you add / search for users within K2 BlackPearl?  Currently you have to know the AD username to be able to find the destination user.

It would be better to be able to search by either First Name, Last Name, or at least Display Name.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

4 replies

Badge +3

Yes, there is an easier way to search for users in BlackPearl.

First open the Object Browser, click on the User Browser tab, right click on users and choose search. When the search box opens you can type the name on the user that you want click search and then click the name.

Regards

Shaun

Badge +2
The problem is the search functionality is based of the USERNAME.  For example, in my environment my username is pliebran. So if I attempt to search for Paul  OR  Liebrand I get no results.  I have to type "pliebran".
Badge +3

It looks to me like your usernames are first letter of the first name and then all or part of the last. Did you try using "contains" instead of "starts with"?

That way you could search for the first part of the last name such as liebr. Then the search would return all the users with liebr in their username.

Shaun

Badge +2
The K2 for SharePoint User Browser does not offer these options (that I can see anyway).