dynamic destination user

• 28 November 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hi,
I have a document approval workwflow. I get the approver form the documents metadata called "approver" (library column person or group). In the k2 activity I use the metadata approverĀ as destination user. But the problem is that the origination of the document can set an user or group as approver. So I am not sure how to manage this in the k2 activity because when I set a destination user with the values "approver" (library metadata) I have also to select user, group or role. But in this step I don't know what type the destination will be.

Thanks,

2 replies

Badge +8

What's the best way if I don't know if the "destination user" is an user, group or role?

Badge +2

You can't use dynamic groups or roles, only dynamic users. The only way to use dynamic group or role, is using destination set rule, where you can compare some metadata with some text to chose the right destination.

If you know you will receive a user, you can use the metada directly. To solve your problem, you can set a rule, to test if metada is user, and use the metadata directly otherwise you need to compare the values to choose the rigth group or role.