Hide controls in Nintex form based on the value of a dropdown?

• 8 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

I have a Nintex form that was created by converting a standard Sharepoint list input form into a Nintex form.

One of the controls is a dropdown with many selections including one that says BRM.

If a user selects that value in the input form, I would like to hide some of the other controls, including the one immediately below it.

I've made a rule on the control I want to hide.  If the named control Requesting BSA equals 'BRM', it should resolve to true and hide the control I'm setting the rule on.

Here are some screenshots.

Nintex form screenshot

And as you can see in the preview, it's not functioning like I thought it would - the control for "Are you the BCA/BCL..." should not be showing if the dropdown value is BRM.

Nintex form preview screenshot

Where am I going wrong?  I'm sure it's in the condition somewhere.  Thanks for any assistance.

2 replies

Badge +16

OK it looks fine to me but you could try Requesting RSA == "BRM"

if that doesn't work - I would say that the dropdown doesn't actually have the value "BRM" - it may look something more like 19;BRM.  To check this add a calculated value control to your form and let it be equal to your named control Requesting RSA.  Preview and choose "BRM" - see what value gets returned.

Badge +8

Thanks Cassy!  Your first idea, using the NamedControl=="value" was correct.  Awesome!