K2 Planning Tools Specifically for Time Estimates

• 18 August 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am in the planning stages of my first K2 Workflow and SmartForm. We have finished documenting out the whole process and I will being my design soon. I have been asked for a time estimate for when this form/workflow can go-live. So, I am looking for a tool that can help me estimate time based on the number of SmartObjects that need to be created, based on the number of activities in the workflow, based on the complexity of the form, etc. For example, I should plan 1 hour for each new SmartObject, 1 hour for each view in the SmartForm, etc. Perhaps there is a better way to make time estimates. 

Having a tool like this as a starting point would be great and then I can customize to our needs as we continue using K2.

Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +12

Hey, 

Currently K2 does not have this feature in place, but if you do log a support ticket then it will be addressed accordingly as a feature request towards future releases. 

Regards.

Badge +2

I created a Development Time Estimate Calculator spreadsheet I thought I'd share. (attached)

It is definitely custom to my own organization and the technology we use but it is geared toward K2 development. I created it as a brand new user to K2 and I imagine the more experience I gain the more accurate I can make the calculator. Hopefully it can be used as a starting point or just an example for your own development time estimate.

Badge +3

Hi

I am also looking for same for my project. Any reference or guide would help a lot

Regards

Manoj