List column not updated by calculated value field connected to it

Badge +7

Using calculated value field with User Profile Lookup to capture first name, last name, and email from user name on the form.  Have all 3 calculated fields connected to the list columns, but they are not populating the columns with the values being displayed on the form.  Please help.  Form is attached.

5 replies

Badge +7

Hi,  

This is because you are using a calculated value and an empty single line of text for populating each of the first name, last name, and email.

You have to remove the single line of text for the first name, last name, and email.

Cheers... happy.png

Badge +7

I only put the list fields on the form to validate that they were being populated by the calc field value.  Because when I published the form and tested it, the calc field values did not populate to the list column fields.  Are you saying that I won't be able to see the value generated in the calculated field populated in the list field on the form? 

My real purpose in posting the question, was to have someone validate that I have the calc fields configured correctly, and they should update my list item when the new item is saved.  If that is the case, then I must have an issue with my Nintex application...do you agree?

Badge +7

Dear,

Simply you have to avoid having 2 controls in the form connected to the same list column.

Once displayed, both can show the connected column value. But once the form submitted,

You cannot control which value between them will update the list column.

Explain me the business you want so I can help.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi

Were you able to resolve this?

Badge +5

I had the same problem.

Delete the field and re-add it and publish, this worked for me happy.png