Query list item from another site and compare it with item from current site NINTEX WORKFLOW

Badge +2

Hello i have a problem with making a Query List Item in NINTEX WORKFLOW.

I want to Query List Item from another site (I know how to do with CAML EDITOR) but in same code i want to compare Filtered Item from another site with item in current site.

How can i do it?

7 replies

Badge +16

What are you storing in the query list? Which properties do you need to compare? Be sure to create a variable for each propert you need to compare and store it in a variable. Then you can use run if or set a condition to compare your variables to your current item properties.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm quite not sure what exactly is your problem...

if you are able to write a CAML query you should be able to make as many conditions in CAML where clause as fields you need to compare, shouldn't you?

if your workflow is list workflow and you want to compare current item values you can use 'Item properties' references.

if your workflow is site workflow, or you want to compare value of different item then workflow is currently running on, you have to first read in all the value to compare into workflow variables and then use variables in CAML query

Badge +2

Hello , thanks for your response,

User fill a number of production line. In another site i have list of responsibilites of lines. I need to put filled line and compare with list of responsibilities and if the line will be same i need to take name of responsible person from responsibilities and send him email.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you provide example of your remote list?

Badge +2

Hello, i finally solved this with this article: 

https://sharepoint.protiviti.com/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=89

Thanks happy.png

Badge +6

Hi David, is this method also valid for Nintex O365 ?

Badge +2

Hello Jaap,

I dont use Nintex 365, so i cant tell you.

You must try it happy.png