Workflow to set field in a different list and send an email

• 31 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, i am very new to Nintex and workflows in general.  I have been tasked with creating a workflow that will have about two steps.  First some background.  There are two lists, a survey list and an events list.  Here is what i need the workflow to do.  When "exercise" is selected from a dropdown in the events list, when the user hits submit (this is an InfoPath form) the workflow will fire off.  First a value from a different field will need to be populated in the survey list.  Then an email will need to be sent with a URL in the email body.

I believe I was able to set it up so the workflow will begin "exercise" is selected, and I was able to put the email notification action in, but i was not able to put in the URL I need.  When I put the URL in, it doesnt become a hyperlink, I need it to be a clickable link.  Also, in parallel, I was not able to find out how to set a fields value in a different list (the survey list). 

Thanks for any help!

GuikPoint

1 reply

Badge +7

You need the ID of the specific item in the Survey list before you can update it via the 'Update list item' action. Do you have access to the ID of the item you want to update?

Furthermore, you can use the 'View HTML' part of the notification to put in the hyperlink. For example, if you have the hyperlink stored in a workflow variable called 'Hyperlink', the HTML for this link might look like this: <a href="{WorkflowVariable:Hyperlink">Click me</a>.

If you have any questions, please let me know!