cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can a vote approval reject all items when any of the approvers rejects the item?

I have a vote approval step in my workflow where i need a minimum of 3 out of 6 approvals to approve the item before it can be approved and carry out the workflow steps under the approve path. If anyone declines the approval of the item then i want the item to be declined and to follow the workflow steps under the decline path. At the moment it seems to want 3 out of the 6 to decline it before it starts the steps under the decline route?! The approval path works fine, but i need the workflow to go through the decline steps when 1 person declines it.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
27 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How can a vote approval reject all items when any of the approvers rejects the item?

Hi,

if you have set the action to complete on a specific outcome (e.g. Approve), if Approve is no more possible as outcome, the task will not execute the Reject path but it does what described in a "Other" path that you can enable in the advanced settings of the task, at the bottom of General tab

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: How can a vote approval reject all items when any of the approvers rejects the item?

Hi jackgelo,

Thanks for your reply. In my workflow i simply have a Request Approval step that is set to vote with Appovers required = 3 (see screen shot below). This then emails 6 people for approval. We need a minimum of 3 approvals to make the item approved. However if anyone rejects the item then it sets the item to a declined status. The issue we have is that it requires 3 rejections before it carries out the steps under the declined/rejected route.

This is part of a large workflow we have. Everything works as expected except for this issue around rejecting/declining approvals. This unfortunatly makes the whole process not fit for purpose. If anyone knows away around this then that would be great. Apologies as i have only used the basic functionality of Nintex so the more detail the better.

Image1.jpg

If the approval is successful it updates the status to approved and carries out a number of steps.

If the approval is declined it updates the item to be a draft so the user can review and possibly send for approval again.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

In something similar, I have a parallel action which has three flexi-tasks. You could do the same, tracking a count of the number of approvals/rejections.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Obviously you would use six flexi-tasks instead of three.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks burkslm,

Thats sounds like it could be a winner. So to confirm i create a parallel action with 6 branches, each branch has a flexi task within it. What would i need to add to track the number of approvals/rejections? Could i include a step to say when there are 3 approved flexi tasks then continue to a particular set of steps, and if there is 1 rejected within the 6 flexi tasks then carry on down the other set up steps? Apologies about all the questions as this is quite new to me.

Thanks again as this is really helping me out.

Regards

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You can create two variables that are numbers. If approved....add 1 to the approval variable. If reject...add 1 to reject variable. Outside of the parallel action, create an if action and check the variables. If reject variable > 0 do what you need to do. Another if statement for if 3 or more approvals and do those steps.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

And by the way Dan, absolutely no problem. Hopefully it helps!

Lisa

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Lisa,

Really helpful and thanks for being so patient... i am but a newbie to the wonders of Nintex

Sooo I've dont the following:

• Created a parallel actions with 6 branches
  • Each branch has a Flexi Task within it

The next stage is to assign a Set Variable under each Reject and Approve string under the 6 Flexi tasks. I have added two variables in (Approved Total and Declined Total) for us to update. How do i then update the set variable to add on 1 to the relevant variable total (just set the Approved/Declined Total to equal a value of 1)?

Also what do in the Run if to say only do this is 3 approved?

Thanks again Lisa

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Do a Math Operation instead of Set Variable.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply