Could not find server when Executing List Smartobject Method with IP

Badge +3

Hello Friends,

I encountered following error when executing list method of Smartobject using SQL Server Service

10927iEC9693B8B2B9E448.png

I used IP Address instead of Server Name  when registering our SQL Sever Service.

Any body have solutions to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Hasyim

7 replies

Badge +6

Hi, 

Have you attempted registering the SQL Service Instance with the server name and not the IP? Also, are you registering the instance using the SMartObject Tester Tool?

Regards,

Badge +3

Thanks for fast response,

Yes, I used Smartobject tester tool to register the instance.

I can't use Server Name due to only the IP Address information sent to me to do the project.

Any other suggestions?

Best Regards,

Badge +7

Hi

This might be because the SQL server is not configured properly, have a look at the attached document and verify that all is in the correct order.

Nelly

Badge +3

Looking at the error message, it appears that the SQL connection is a via a linked server.

The linked server name has to be defined in sys.servers. You are not actually connecting via the IP but SQL Server is not finding an entry with that IP in sys.servers. It is an alias for the server.

If you have permission you can check this by running the query:

SELECT server_id, name, product, provider
FROM sys.servers

You can add a linked server by running the stored procedure specified in the error message (sp_addlinkedserver) or via SQL Management Studio. Since you were sent the IP address you probably don't have permission to do so. I suggest you request this by consulting your DBA.

Badge +3

Thanks for the file,

I think not all of the item in the checklist already set, like sharepoint etc due to we are new K2 user.

From your suggestion and the file, my conclusion is: I should have Server name, and can't use IP Address when registering SQL Server Service Instance. Please correct me if I wrong, and tell me if there is some other solutions.

Regards,

Badge +3

The solution is only use Server name instead of IP Address when registering SQL Server Instance.

Thanks for all suggestion,

Best Regards,

Badge +6

Glad to know that it worked.