Flexi task created with notification sent to other email address

• 16 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I need a Flexi task to be assigned to a group of people (all of which need to be able to approve/reject the task) but have the email notification (with link to task inside) sent to a separate email address (group mailbox).

Does anyone know how I can achieve this please?

7 replies

Badge +17

In the task action, you should see a box underneath the assignees that show "create individual task...". This allows you to create a task for each individual in the group. There are pros and cons to this, so please do some research on that.

Take a look at this link and read through the section on Assignees

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/Workflow/ActionsCore/FlexiTask.htm?Highlight=flexi%20task

I have included a video that walks through the task action some...take a look at minute 1:29. 

Badge +3
Hi,

Thanks for your response, but it doesn't address my specific issue. I don't want to create multiple tasks. I only want one task assigned to a group of users, but I want that notification to go to a different email address (a group email inbox where they can all see it). I actually found another way around it. I created a task only for the group, then when the task is created, I create a workflow in the Task List that generates an email to the group mailbox.

Scott
Badge +17

@scrawford - I am glad you were able to get something working for you. I did unmark your answer as a solution because while it's working, its not the best approach which can confuse other readers on how to accomplish something similar. Take a look at what I wrote below and let me know what you think. The functionality out of the box with Nintex provides the way for you to achieve what you are looking for. 

If you put the group name in the assignee field, then the email will be sent to the group email box. Also, do not check the box for creating individual tasks.... and this will ensure one task gets sent to the group based on the email address associated with the group. 

I'm not sure why you would need a workflow on the task list as this is redundant and not necessary. The original task should be able to go to the group as needed. Hope that makes sense.

Badge +3

Hi @eharris04 ,

Thanks for your help. Apologies regarding my very late response.

I do understand that by having a Workflow on the Task list is not a good way to accomplish the outcome I want.  However I am still not sure exactly how to use your solution.

I have setup:

-A departmental group mailbox (2210_Design / design@ourdomain.com)

-A SharePoint group with all the Design team members in it, as well as the 2210_Design group mailbox (shown in the snapshot attached)

All (or most) members of the Design team group (on SP) have access to the 2210_Design group mailbox. 

I want all members in the SharePoint group to be able to action the task, but I only want the notification sent to the 2210_Design group mailbox, not to the members of the group.  However, I can't find how to set the SharePoint group "Design Team" as having the email address 2210_Design?  If I assign the task to the "Design Team" won't the notification go to all members within?  Alternatively if I assign the task to 2210_Design then none of the members of the "Design Team" will have permissions to action the task when they login as themselves will they?

Is this what you meant?

Badge +3

Hi @eharris04 and anyone else interested,

The solution I have used is:

1. Set the task notification off

2. Run parallel actions - first branch is the flexi-task, second branch is a pause of 1 minute to allow the other branch to create the task, then a notification sent to the group mailboxes.

That works a charm!

Badge +3

I realize that this is an old post, but when you sent the notification, were you able to link to the task?  If so, how?  It seems like the Store Task Id’s field isn’t set until the task has been completed.  How do you get a reference to the task created?

Badge +3

Hi @rei_dipetersen ,

Sorry, I haven't used Nintex for years so I don't know any of the answers. Good luck though.