cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How can I list the meta data from all documents in a document set in a Word 2013 doc?

Hi

I would like to auto-generate a Word 2013 document which lists all of the documents (selected metadata fields) in a SharePoint 2013 Document Set.  Can you help?

This is to create an Agenda for a meeting at which all of the documents in two document sets are listed (documents to be reviewed).

I can use quick parts to insert the meta data from a single item, but can't see how to include all items in a list I would need to do this for two separate document sets in one document (as two separate sections).

example:

AGENDA

Meeting Date: 10/11/2015

Meeting Description: To review project proposals

Project NameProposerCost £
New projectorsJohn Talbot160,000
Lynda.com subscriptionSally Jupp59,000
BI SystemSam Beale145,000
Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: How can I list the meta data from all documents in a document set in a Word 2013 doc?

Example of what I want to achieve:

Agenda example.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: How can I list the meta data from all documents in a document set in a Word 2013 doc?

Hi,

Try to look at this post. How to build responsive HTML5 report with barcode from list item using Nintex Forms and Workflows

You could use this post to generate HTML report with workflow, about what documents are in doc set.

If you will have some questions how to adopt this solution - ask i am the author of the post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

So it used to be that we'd only really be able to create tables in email using HTML tagging.

Now, we have Doc Gen. It's in both O365 and On-Prem - and you can create a table easily in a Word document. All it takes is putting each column into a collection (ie Cost is one collection, Proposer is one collection) and then telling the table which is which. It then generates it for you. Pretty neat. 

Granted this is from 2015 but thought I'd give DocGen a shout out in case anyone else ends up here.

0 Kudos