Open First Tab

• 20 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

Thanks for the posts on the Tabs functionality. I'm implementing this functionality in my recent project for one of my client. My question is that I would like to open the first tab always. I have tried using the JS, it only changes the order in the tab but not the panel. Can someone please provide a solution for this.

I'm using Nintex Forms 2013 and SharePoint On-Prem 2013.

6 replies

Badge +5

have you tried setting the default value of the choice control to be the first option/tab?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have a look on this - https://community.nintex.com/message/48573-re-open-specific-panel-from-nintex-workflow-url-link?commentID=48573#comment-… 

it's about how to take over which tab should be opened by default from URL, but you may customize it to always open the same tab.

Badge +3

Thanks for your reply Marian. In my case I am opening the panel from the workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what do you exactly mean with this?you can not open a page directly from workflow.

do you build a link to be used in notification so that once user clicks on it the form is opened on a specific tab?

if so, then the link provided is exactly what you need happy.png

Badge +3

I apologize for the typo. In my case I am not opening the panel from the workflow. I want to open the first tab by default when the users open the item. Currently, it opens the tab where the form is submitted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

didn't a link suggested above give you a clue how to do it?

if you still have some difficulties, can you post how did you implement the TAB control?

is it a choice control?

is it rendered as radios, buttons, or...?

it would help if you posted control's configuration dialog.