Saving Repeating Section to XML field then to Plain text field - New vs Edit

• 14 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I have 2 visible fields in RepeatingSection (GEEname and GEEnum) adn 2 hidden (space and newline).  I will attach my workflow (no loop as this was so slow with safe looping turned on and I could not get it work with for each loop) and form.  I used this link to set up: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Repeated-Section-to-Plain-Text/ba-p/78416

As you can see from my image the top item is a new item and I created the one below it with identical data except after submitting I editted the item and added more people to the repeating section along with their employee id#s and not sure why it is missing the new line on the second line when it is using the same workflow.  Any ideas???  It seems after teh fifth item the new line come back?!?!

972i479C3131024265D1.jpg

2 replies

Badge +5

I can't seem to be able to add files.  Anyone know why I keep getting file type doesn't file file attaching.  They are .xml for the form and .nwf for workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

that's because when you opened second item for edit, 'Newlines' were interpreted (consumed) by form as actual linefeeds and not as {NewLine} reference variables.

if you opened second item for edit once more, 'newlines' on those last 3 repeting section rows would get lost as well.

I guess it might work if you used '<br />' (or maybe it might need to be encode like '&lt;br /&gt;') markup directly in place of {NewLine} reference variables.

but as noted at the very beginning of the document you linked, using XSLT to convert XML into HTML is much better approach