Nintex Form field data is not saving into a SharePoint list

• 20 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi there, I am new here and facing some issues.  I am working on SharePoint online and I have Nintex form with 3 panels which can be shown and hidden based on user selection from 2 drop down. All 3 panels have a few common fields which are connected to same field. For example, I have created one text field named "desc", I have used this field in all three panels with different names such as "b1desc", "b2desc", and "a2desc" and connected each to "desc". So, sharing on field between three panles.

main form example: 

I have 1 drop down with 2 option "a1" and "a2"

another drop down with 2 option "b1" and "b2"

case 1: if user select a1 and b1 from drop down then it should pop up a panel with.

case 2: if user select a1 and b2 from drop down then it should pop up new panel.

case 3: if user select a2 and no matter whether it is b1 or b2 it will pop up new panel. 

Problem is I am filling the form for case 1 and submitting it as well but it is not saving any data which I have entered into my list. It is completely blank. this is happening for case 1 and case 2. however, case 3 is working fine.  

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

This usually happens when you have multiple controls connected to the same sarepoint column. One control is populating the column while the next is clearing it.
Badge +4

you have to disconnect these columns and create either a form variable or a calculated field that connects to the SharePoint Column.

in the calculated field formula bar you will add multiple IF runtime functions that has the conditions that you mentioned above 

for example lets say if user selects A2 the panel containing textbox2 will be the value that will be stored

formula will look like the following

If(option==A2,textbox2,"another IF Statement if needed or add the last Textbox")

dont forget to name your controls to use them in the If statement