Infopath Tutorial - SmartObject Integration

• 4 February 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I've been trying to go through the InfoPath tutorial for K2 [blackpearl] but having problems. When I submit the form I get a fairly useless error message telling me only that: "An error occurred while the form was being submitted." and no event log entries relating to it.

I don't know if it's related or not but there's a step in the tutorial that seems wrong in Exercise 2 Step 1 - Configuring the InfoPath Client Event Wizard. In the page titled "InfoPath Form Deployment Location" the instructions are:

8. Type http://moss.k2demo.local in the SharePoint Site URL text box.
9. Click the Browse icon next to the Form Library text box.
10. Select Denallix Expense Claims from the list. Click OK.
11. Select Web Browser from the Form Client text box. Click Next. 
12.  Click Finish.
13. Click Next.

After you select web browser and click next (11) it says to click finish. But I'm brought to a screen called SmartObject Integration where there is no Finish option. Clicking Next brings up a screen called HTML Task Pane. Clicking NExt again brings up a Finish option which seems to bring you back to where you want to be for step 13.

What I'm wondering is should I be doing something on the SmartObject Integration page?  I'm guessing I should, but there's no instructions and I'm not sure what to do!

1 reply

Badge +2

Just found 2 potential solutions on this thread (sorry I didn't see it on search, got it through Google)

When using form services please ensure that you have enabled
"Cross-Domain Access for User Form Templates" in you Moss
Administration enabled.

You can verify this by opening  Moss Administration page > Application Management > Configure InfoPath Form Services.

and

The tutorial doesn't give any advice on how to give the deployed
processes "Process rights", so you have to open the K2 Workspace and
from there the Management view - after that find the process you have
deployed and give "Start" and "View" process rights to the account you
are using when submitting the InfoPath form.

The second one worked for me. Thanks pelloju.