I have created a form in Sharepoint 2013.  How can I make the fields on my form autopopulate the list associated with the form?

• 1 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

I need the fields on my form to AUTO-POPULATE my LIST.

I have attached screen shots.

5 replies

Badge +17

Inger,

My first question would be are you using Nintex forms or the standard SharePoint forms?  The answers would differ greatly.

Regardless of, you can autopopulate those fields using a workflow or ensuring that the fields in the forms.are set and connected properly.  Do you have access to Nintex forms or Nintex workflows?

Badge +6

Hi & Thanks so much for your response.

We have Sharepoint 2013 and we have Nintex
Forms.

Inside the Nintex form,  we have access to create Workflows.

I am brand new to Sharepoint, Nintex and
Workflows so step by step instructions are very helpful.

(I hope that answers your question)

Below is a screenshoot of my tool bar and
what I have access to.

124847_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +17

Great, that does help a lot.

Can you send over your list fields and then your form.  I will work with you to get your solution up and running.  Shouldn't take more than a few responses to get it going.

Ideally you will want to ensure that your fields match and the form fields are connected.  Then the workflow would update the information once the form is submitted.  For a date field, you could set the default value equal to "today", but if the user is selecting the field in the form and filling it in, the information should end up in your list.

Badge +6

Miraculously,  We stumbled up on our answer!!!

We had to create a column with "person or Group" as the Content Type then change my settings on the form control to match----I have it pictured below:

List Settings:

124848_pastedImage_0.png

Form Control Settings:

124849_pastedImage_1.png

Now my names show up on the form!!

But I do have ONE other issue:

Below is a picture of my WorkFlow---Assign Flexi Task.  I have it set to say the following message:

Class Attendee is requesting to attend Item Display Name
on Training Dates
Do You Approve?

124850_pastedImage_2.png

Why does the class Attendee name show SCRAMBLED in my email notice?

I'd like to know who is signing up for training with out having to pull up the form itself.

Here is what I get in my email:

124852_pastedImage_4.png

Badge +17

See the response here....

How can I get my names to stop appearing scrambled in the work flow notification email