Rule

• 26 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

i am new to Nintex form. i need help with rules. I have a dropdown with options: Approved or Declined. i would like the Decline Reason text box to only be viewable when Decline option is selected. Can some send me an example of how to with the rule?

214022_pastedImage_1.png

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there!

Step 1) Put a panel around your comment box and the label - make sure they are both inside of the panel.

Step 2) Click on the panel. Click on "Add rule". 

Step 3) In your rule formula, say:        Status != "Declined"      (where red-underlined = your named control.) -- make sure that "Hide" is checked.

This is saying - when status is NOT equal to "declined", please HIDE everything in THIS panel.

Cheers,

rhia

Badge +1

i added the formula and i get Status not defined

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Are you able to post the following:

- Screenshot of your status control set-up

- Screenshot of your rule

Cheers!

Rhia

Badge +1

Control

214023_pastedImage_1.png

Rule

214024_pastedImage_2.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Marg - 

See how your "Status" in the Condition is black, and not underlined? This means it is just text. You need to input a variable -- this is the only way Nintex knows what to look at.

To do this, click on your function button (f(x) to the right of your condition)

Highlight where you've typed "status" and then double click on "Status" from NamedControls -- it should appear in your condition as red & underlined. This is how you know the form understands!

Badge +1

This worked thank you so much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Awesome! Please mark my answer as correct if it helped you out -- it's in the top right side of the message happy.png