Possible to schedule an email to be sent via a Workflow on user specifield dates?

• 14 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

Anyone know if this is possible, or even done this?

I am creating a simple booking form with lets say 2 fields. These 2 fields are called "Start Date" and "Edn Date"./ They are Date/time format. where the user selects two dates and times.

1) I know we have the Calendar K2 control, but is there a Time control? How do you guys do this if a users has to select a Date and time?

2) Once the user submits the request, I want the Workflow (k2 studio process) to hold onto theat request and then send an email on the Start Date and then also one of the End Date which were specified in the form. When the End date email is sent, the process can be classed as Complete.

Is this Doable guys?

2 replies

Badge +10

Is it possible yes... with the tools you have... not so sure might require some code. but take a look at this...

Ability to schedule Loops and Workflows in BlackPearl
http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Ability-to-schedule-Loops-and-Workflows-in-BlackPearl/m-p/86454#M26658

Hope this helps.

Dino.

Badge +9

Hi

You can create two Activities having email event for sending email (create Parallel Execution for both activities and don’t forget to use Preceding Rule) on  start date and End Date. Use start rule for both activities and once start rule succeeded for any of the activity, it will execute email event of that activity.

In Case you have more number of dates to send email you can loop activity having email event, once activity start rule will succeed, it will send email.