Make a flashing Background Text Box with different colours???

• 24 March 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Anyone know if it's possible to alternate the background colour of a Textbox (i.e keep flashing) but the user clicks on a radio button underneath?

Reason i ask is i want to bring a question box to someones attention when the form loads, using a flash box might just acheive that....

Any ideas?

Is there any type of event that says, until the radio box is changed, keep alternating the textbox aboves background colour????

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi  @Sharpharp1,

Maybe you can achieve this using java script, I'm not really good at it but you can find JS will change the background color of the text box when (i.e button is clicked) .

I have another suggetion for you:

Check this video its about Timer Control 

Download Timer Control

Note: at the end of the video you will see a flashing icon, you can use this idea, I mean you can put an icon next the the textbox and make it flash every second for example.

Regards,

Badge +8

Hey Sharp,

You have the craziest requirements.  Everytime I see one of your posts, I keep wondering what the end solution will look like. :)

I was able to do the blinking by applying Javascript to an expression of a data lable.  Add an expression and add the following to it and adjust when necessary: 

<div id="makemeblink"><h1>This Will Blink!!!</h1></div> <script> function blinkMe(divToBlink){ if (document.getElementById("makemeblink").style.color == "blue"){ document.getElementById("makemeblink").style.color="white"; }else{ document.getElementById("makemeblink").style.color="blue"; } } window.setInterval("blinkMe('makemeblink')",100); </script>

This blinks blue on my end when I run it.  Change up those colors to really drive your end users crazy.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.

Apologies for the crazy requests, I always like to push the boat out... The more crazy thing is you guys always manage to help me out.

David, that is a brilliant script, it makes my form look like a supermarket checkout.... LOL...

Is it possible to make the font bigger when it flashes blue and then smaller font on the other colour? I'm feeling trippy....