AD Service Missing from K2 Workspace

• 27 March 2009
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

I am trying to add a smart object method to retrieve information from Active Directory, however  I don't see the Active Directory Service I  only have an Active Directory Service 2 that is missing a lot of methods such as (User Manager, Find managed userc, etc). How can I add an Active Directory Service  to K2 workspace that willl provide me the additional methods I am missing?

Thank you

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi There,

If you go into the 'C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlServiceBroker' folder and check if the assembly SourceCode.Providers.ADProviders.Services.ADProviderService exists.

If it does then you register is yourself by 

- Run the 'BrokerManagement.exe' program in the same directory

- Click Congfigure Services

- Right click 'Register New Service Type', complete the dialog pointing it to the afore mentioned assembly

- Right click the newly created service type entry and choose 'Register New Service Instance' and complete this dialog, now your service will be available to create a smart object from.

Looking through the methods on the ad service objbect 2 it looks like it should be possible to get the items you mention, have a play round and see.

HTH

Badge +4

I checked on the ServiceBroker Folder and I don't  have the assembly:

SourceCode.Providers.ADProviders.Services.ADProviderService

Badge

Hey Azhavee,

any solution you got for the above problem ? I am facing the same issue while working with Professional K2 balckpearl book sample project. I also could not find any such service in the given folder.

Thanks much in advance.

Am 

Badge +9

I'm guessing you're using a version of 0807.  Version 0807, which was released after the book was written, changed the AD Service Broker that was available on a new install.  If you have access to help.k2.com, you can read the details here: 

http://help.k2.com/en/KB000296.aspx