Company Calendar Event Registration/Attendance tracking

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

All,

I have exhausted google trying to find an answer/solution; here is my situation and what I am trying to accomplish:

We have an on-prem sharepoint 2019 server with nintex workflows and forms.  The company has a wellness program that requires employees attend 3 wellness events each year.  HR needs to be able to create qualifying wellness events, which they would like to display on the wellness page, and users should be able to register for the event.  The HR department has been tracking attendance manually, but would like to try to automate this process.  Does anyone know of any good tutorials for creating a custom solution for this, I know there are 3rd party solutions out there, but would love to avoid those if possible.  Also, I would like to use modern site experience if at all possible.

I know @eharris04 did something similar a few years ago (https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Sample-Training-Calendar-and-Registration-Workflow-on-SP2010/m-p/84816), but I am hoping there is something more relevant to Sharepoint 2019.

-JD

2 replies

Badge +12

@JD_TSBG ….Does it matter if the solution @eharris04 wrote is of SP 2010? I mean you can still use the logic to build as per SP 2019. Just my 2 cents.

Badge +1
Thanks for the reply. The modern experience has some limitations compared to the classic experience that makes installing the templates included in the solution from a few years back impossible to implement. Really just hoping someone has battled this in SP 2019 and can provide a bit of guidance. Thanks again for look at this!