List Lookup using 2 columns

• 20 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

I have a SharePoint list with 2 columns, TeamName and FolderLocation. TeamName is the team name and FolderLocation is a UNC path to a network folder like \servernamefolder1.  This list has about 15 rows of team names and corresponding folder locations.

I have a List Lookup field in a Form and it works fine to display a drop down list of all the team names, however, I want the FolderLocation to show up when the form is submitted because I need to use the FolderLocation in a Workflow to send a file to the correct folder on my network every time a form is submitted.  I don't really need the team name, just the FolderLocation but for usability, users want to pick from the team name.

Is there a way to do this?

If not, what would be the best way to take the TeamName and transform that value to it's corresponding FolderLocation for use in a Workflow?

1 reply

Badge +7

In the List Lookup control, connect the ID to your list column. Then in the workflow, use the ID to do a Query List and pull the FolderLocation. That might be the cleanest.

Otherwise, you'll need to find a way to do a secondary lookup on the form, either in s Calculated Value control or maybe using a Form Variable.