cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Design multi stage form

We have a from called "Visit permission" that has to be filled in multiple stages as follows:

1) Filling in form and getting an approval before the visit starts. (Visit can be for one day or for more than one day and hence check and check out information needs to be capture multiple time)

2) Recording multiple check in's and check out's as described next :

•    Upon Visitor's entry on the first day
  •    Upon the Visitor's exit on the first day
  •    Upon Visitor's entry on the next day(s)
  •    Upon Visitor's exit on the next day(s)

Need guidance regarding how to implement that using nintex form and nintex workflow

Labels: (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Design multi stage form

Have you used Nintex forms before?

I suggest reading these posts for help with designing your form.

Build your first Nintex Form - Part 1 of 3 (simple customization)

Build your first Nintex Form - Part 2 of 3 (repeating sections)

Build your first Nintex Form - Part 3 of 3 (validation & hyperlinks)

Sounds like you will need a repeating section to capture date(s) and time(s) in and out for the visit.  If you added a "Completed" checkbox on each line in the repeating section you could update the form after each check in or check out.

For the approval, have a workflow to run on item creation that assigns a flexi task approval to whoever is required?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Cassy,

Thanks for the links. I have some working experience on nintex forms and workflow.

"If you added a "Completed" checkbox on each line in the repeating section you could update the form after each check in or check out."

In the above point, can you please elaborate on how to implement "update the form after each check in or check out" because my understanding is that using nintex forms we can just insert a row in the list.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

i mean simply by editing the item and checking the boxes on the repeating section in the form after the item has been created.  so each time a visitor arrives or leaves, the item is edited and the form displays and the corresponding checkbox is checked and the form is saved again?