Having problem installing the K2 Blackpearl-Database of the wrong type exist

• 31 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am new to K2 so for give my naivity. When I am trying to install at one stage it asks me for k2 server and database and I assign the newly created k2 db name and land up with this error message saying :...database of the wrong type exist:

Please suggest how to sort this problem.

pfa..

15096i416D6FBDD204AD91.jpg

4 replies

Badge +3

Hello Diana,

Make sure the account running the configuration wizard has appropriate permissions on the DB.

Thanks.

Badge +1

it is the local sql database with windows authentication that I am using. Also I used "Manually configured environment" where in I changed nothing of the values that automatically populated the fields

Badge +8

Hello,

I am assuming you installed K2 Blackpearl Setup Manager first. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +8

If I remember right the order of installation should be as follows...

K2 Blackpearl

K2 Smartforms

K2 Smartforms control pack.

I think the K2 Blackpearl setup manager creates the database for you. It has been a while since I installed this but looking back at my documentation/garble of screenshot it looks like Blackpearl Setup Manager creates the needed database for you. I think the reason you are getting an error is because the database was manually created. I would suggest deleting that database before using the Blackpearl Setup Manager. Please let me know if this helped.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters